Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My affection for energy drinks...

My Affection ADDICTION to energy drinks...

So right now it is 11:38 central standard time, I'm wide awake watching the TV guide channel (yes it's a dumb quirk I have). I'm wide awake because while I was in the midst of a ruff day I decided it was a great decision (it was at the time) to have a energy drink as a afternoon snack at 4:45pm.

This was the culprit... 

I'm not sure why but I really enjoy energy drinks, they are my favorite beverage. I started drinking them sometime after I started working late nights a few years ago and they have stuck around ever since. There are many types of energy drinks and like each of them.

This is the one that started it all   Mountain Dew MDX


Unfortunately, about 4 months after I started drinking them the stores around here stopped carrying them : /

As such life would move on and I would find a new energy drink. I searched for a few weeks before I would find Rockstar Punched

Such a great tasty fruit punch with a good kick to start my day off.

Like my original choice, this energy drink is becoming increasingly difficult to find in stores in Tyler. This time around I already had my sights set on a new choice, NOS energy drinks. Very much themed after the car enhancement products it gives you a BOOST. I would start off with fruit punch as it was a easy transition from my current favorite.
They also make a GRAPE version as seen here.
In addition to the original TROPICAL that you could easily find less than a foot away from me in my mini fridge. Some of my other regular sodas to keep it company, Mountain Dew code red, Cherry 7up, my new favorite Diet Coke, and my childhood favorite RC. Yesterday I was informed by a friend that my fridge would not be complete without some Dr Pepper so I will add some after my next trip to the store.

You would think that since I have 3 easy to find current production energy drinks I would leave well enough alone. Well sometimes I just have to mess with perfection, that is how I found another great energy drink Monster KHAOS (the one keeping me awake right now)

Recently I was at a buying show (reference my adventure to CT) and there was not any energy drinks available for purchase at the hotel we stayed at... What is a energy drink connoisseur like myself to do ? Answer spend lots of money with a vendor who takes mercy on your caffeine deprived state and gives you one of these.
Monster extra strength SUPER DRYThis is a relatively new comer to the market, it's carbonated via a new nitrous oxide carbonation process(no it's not whip-its) and it is possibly the best energy drink I have ever tasted... A sublime cornucopia of intense and exquisite flavor that culminates leaving you with a feeling of serendipitous delight (at least that's how I felt after drinking it :-) ).

They have a few flavor but these are my favorite.
Anti-Gravity  Super-Dry


I typically enjoy energy drinks on the way to work in the morning, or with my breakfast after I have arrived at work.

My favorite doughnuts, 1-Cherry sprinkle, 1-Chocolate glazed cake, 1-Dozen doughnut holes.

This was a off day however as my typical breakfast is a Chorrizo breakfast taco, from one of my favorite stores FRESH !!!

Wow it's now 12:35am...I have rambled enough about energy drinks, time for bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment