Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My journey to Las Vegas Part 6. Coming Home

Friday Morning

I would awake at 07:00 wide awake and ready for what would be a challenging day. I started my day off by taking a nice shower, that always makes me feel better when I'm feeling under the weather.

I would finish packing my belongings, and doing a once over of the condo to make sure nothing would get left behind after my departure. WE would have more than enough time to walk down and enjoy one last breakfast plate, I would grow to miss this although returning home means Chorizzo Breakfast Taco's from FRESH. After breakfast we returned to the room to relax for a hour or so before we would head to the airport. We decided to head to the Airport a few hours early and luckily for us we did because we had been bumped off our flight to an earlier one that was due for departure a mere 40 minutes after we stepped out of the taxi.

Speaking of taxi I took this as we pulled into Mcarrin International,
I forgot to mention my boss would stay behind and fly out hours later as he flew a different carrier, at any rate me and his step dad ran through the terminal towards the TSA checkpoint OHH CRAP TSA. They would surely delay us causing us to miss the flight, luckily for us we got right through.  Although I must have been looking pretty attractive because I got the free massage "Pat Down" he even made me take my belt off. As I was getting the enhanced security procedure I did have the nerve to say "Don't you want to at least buy me dinner first" as luck would have it the Agent patting me down had a sense of humor and laughed.(That is the key make people laugh)

We would make it on the flight to Amarillo with only a few minutes to spare.

AS we departed Las Vegas, Nevada

The Strip would slowly disappear into the horizon

While in the air I was reminded of why Southwest is the best airlines to fly, the people are just so nice customer service is top notch and it makes flying a breeze. What does not however is a sinus infection as I had a very difficult time getting my ears to equalize and had to chew gum the whole time. Again one of the flight attendants was so nice to give me several sticks out of her pack of gum, such a nice gesture especially since she didn't know me. They also gave me a constant supply of fresh ice water as my throat was sore and dry. Again testimony to the quality of customer service of Southwest airlines. A short 2 1/2 hours later we would land in Amarillo, Texas.
 Although we would land to some bad news, we where getting bumped off the plane (2:30Pm) and the next flight to Dallas love field was not until 7:45Pm. Of course I was bummed as all I wanted to do was get home. Luckily there was a possibility that 2 seats could be open, in just a few minutes we would know our fate. Well there was only one open seat, "Never leave a Man behind" a phrase that has always been taught to me by people I consider Role Models. After a few minutes of deliberation my partner in crime insisted I go on to Dallas, Tx  and from there I would drive home to Flint, Tx.

During a Short 50 minute flight to Dallas I did manage to take this picture of the Sun Setting over Dallas.
Landing at Love Field.
 Walking through the airport.
 After waiting for a few minutes to retrieve my Bag I awaited outside. Thankfully my bosses Mom was free to come to the Airport and Take me to collect a vehicle for the drive home. Not being all that familiar with Dallas she gave me directions of how to get back to I20 and HOME.

I would wind my way from Dallas Suburbs through I635
By this time is was growing close to 8:00Pm with all the delays and I was exhausted, so I decided it best to stop and get a bite to eat in Mesquite where I got Lost. Thankfully I pulled my bearings together and found my way back to I635 afterwards I would stop right off the highway and procure plenty of water and a energy drink for the ride home. I finally pulled up in my driveway at 10:45 that night and walked into my lovely room to my comfortable bed where I would sleep for the next 10hrs (unheard of for me). I'm not sure if it was being home or the first good nights sleep in my own bed but I felt much better, still not cured but definitely liveable.

See you next year Las Vegas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment