Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Journey to Las Vegas Part 3.

Tuesday Night

After a long hard day of walking, that was exacerbated by a sinus infection and head cold we decided a good sit down meal was in order. What better place to eat and relax than Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, a nice tropical feeling restaurant that serves good food of all varieties.

Feeling kinda down and drained I opted for a steak, green beans and mashed potatoes to make me feel at home and hopefully raise my spirits. While the Ice tea was delicious the Chef must have been having a bad day as well, because my medium steak was well done and my green beans where less than done, although my mashed potatoes did taste great (maybe he just mixed up the way I wanted things cooked).  I was left feeling a little hungry and still a little down in the dumps so I wanted something sweet for desert but not from here.

Last year I walked past a very sheik looking restaurant in front of Caesars Palace on the STRIP. In fact Everyday I walked past it I wanted to go in and see what it was all about but never found the time. The restaurant in question caught my eye because it seemed out of place (something I could sympathize with at the time) not only by the outside appearance but by name as well Serendipity 3. The name caught my eye because of the movie with John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale, yes I will admit I have not only seen it but think it was a great movie.
  After I returned home last year I Google searched it and found out it was a top rated Vegas restaurant, so this year I would make the time to go at least once and I'm glad I did. They have a awesome menu of fresh made hot chocolate and gourmet level deserts in addition to normal food as well. After I had made the walk over I wanted to rest and let my food settle OK I was really playing on Facebook
 After I had played on Facebook for awhile enjoying the night air I decided to go in and have a seat by the window to have a view of the Strip while I enjoyed my experience. I really wish I had taken some more pictures of the inside, suffice to say it had a Bennigans vs Alice in Wonderland feel/theme. To explain that a little further, the flair that decorated the inside was very random but fit the theme and the paint scheme seemed to remind me of the movie. AS did the randomness of drawings on the menu I stared at for a good 20 minutes before deciding on my food (Yes it was my ADHD) but can you blame me look at this thing it's 4 pages and 2'x2' large.
 That's when I noticed it, "Humble pie & chocolate banana split sundae"
"Humble pie ??? Is that even real ?, I thought that is what you go back for seconds when somebody is serving you, or however the saying goes"

 I inquired with my waiter about the "Humble Pie" part of a otherwise delightful description of a desert, and was informed

Humble Pie is Real and Taste like peanut butter with a Oreo crust!!!

Did I just hear that correctly ? Have I died and gone to Heaven ? Or was I this incoherent from the medication I was taking ?

Either way I was obligated at this point to order it based purely upon principal, so I DID!!!
  I will warn you now, this desert is not for the faint of heart if I had to guess it was probably 83,942 Calories, but worth every one of them. Humble pie taste amazing, even better with fresh vanilla ice creme, fresh hot fudge, fresh whipped creme, and the most delicious CHERRY to top it off. This was without a doubt what I needed and at $16.00 Tip included probably the best way to spend a $20.00 bill that I have found to date!!!

Walking to the condo that night I could only think of one way that it would have been any better...

I was glad I enjoyed myself Tuesday Night as every day after that for the duration my trip I would feel to bad to go anywhere, and would wind up skipping dinner in lieu of extra sleep.

Stay tuned for part 4...

No comments:

Post a Comment