Thursday, January 12, 2012

The great adventure to Connecticut. Pt. 1 The Begining.

This story will be pretty lengthy so I have decided it best to break it up into several portions just to help myself.

Little Back-story,


I work for a FFL/SOT Firearms Dealer, I specialize in Law Enforcement and NFA/Title II Weapons sales amongst many other behind the scene functions. The beginning of the year is filled with trying to find out what new products are being introduced and forecasting sales for the year so we can make educated purchasing decisions. Part of that process is attending Buying Shows to meet Manufactures and Vendors making critical networking connections with people that can help us periodically during the year.The first Show of the year was put on by one of our main Texas Based Distributors, unfortunately it was not being held in Texas (The Best State in the Union) it was to be put on by their sister company in none other than Connecticut...My first thought when I found out was "New England, really ??? Some of the most Strict gun control States in the US and we are going to a gun buying show, this should be entertaining."

So we begin the planning stages of what will surely be an Adventure, especially for me since I have never been to Washington D.C., Rhode Island, or Connecticut. Luckily for me everything was arranged by our Distributor and all I had to do was Show up, oh yeah at 07:00A CTL on a Saturday, Catch 3 flights with 2 layovers, a Tram ride and a Bus ride. Yeah the movie Planes, Trains and Automobiles came to mind. 

The Day Leading up,



Friday We operated as normal at the shop, and unfortunately I was by myself so it made for a long stressful day. No Biggie I thought, I will go home and Pack and Be in Bed by 8:00 Sharp and get a full nights rest and wake up relaxed and ready for my adventure. 


WRONG...

I decided that afternoon to grab a radio and be ready to run calls should any come in. It was a very quiet night all across the County, as I packed my gear and got ready for bed. I thought in order to save some time, I would return my radio and gear to the station and just leave without any stops in the morning. So I don my trusty Flip Flops and head to the Station. I no more got my hand on the door when I realize the TONE was going off, I wondered "HMMM that's funny, my pager nor the Radio has gone off, that's weird. Well just then pager and radio start going off, one vehicle roll-over accident, confirmed pin in and injuries"

So I run inside grab my gear, and ready trucks for others that will be arriving shortly. After arriving on scene, we quickly realize that the vehicle is overturned with the occupant trapped inside. During a very lengthy process of getting him extricated and containing traffic we finally clear the scene and return to the station and return all the trucks to service at which point it's nearly 10:30Pm.

I finally make it back home and shower and get to bed shortly before 11:20Pm, with the thought that 04:45Am will be coming way to quickly. Filled with anxiety I tossed and turned all night long, getting probably a combined 3-4hrs of sleep.


Stay tuned for Part 2



No comments:

Post a Comment